If you are looking for fun for the entire family this fall, Bates Nut Farm has something for everyone. Last weekend we had the opportunity to invite Amy’s niece and her daughter to join us for a day at Bates Nut Farm. Bates Nut Farm is located at 15954 Woods Valley Rd, Valley Center, California. We were honored to be part of the first blogging group invited to visit the farm. We appreciate the owner, Sherrie Bates Ness, taking the time to walk us around to give us a behind the scenes tour.
During our behind the scenes tour, we learned that Bates Nut Farm started with walnuts, but they now purchase nuts from all over the world. Pistachios, pecans, cashews, peanuts, pignolias, sunflower seeds and much more can be purchased on the farm. The nuts come to the farm raw, roasted, some spiced up and unsalted. To ensure quality and freshness they roast and package the nuts right there on the farm.
We also fed the animals, enjoyed a barbeque lunch at one of the picnic tables, walked through the pumpkin patch, watched the tractor parade, held the baby chickens, and Amy’s nieces’ daughter jumped in the bouncer. They also had hayrides, straw maze, and pony rides.
“Celebrating Farm Life” weekend was an educational event with members of the agriculture community sharing their passions and talents. The Early Days Gas Engine and Tractor Association were also at the farm with historic tractors and equipment. They also celebrated the day with a tractor parade.
Farm Zoo and the Petting Zoo
We visited with the animals in their farm zoo and the petting zoo that they had for the weekend events. You can visit with mini-donkeys, goats, sheep, llamas, pigs, emus, chickens, peacocks, ducks, geese, pigs, a tortoise & more! Bring your quarters if you want to be able to feed the animals.
Behind The Scenes Tour
While we were behind the scenes, we learned that they also made homemade fudge. We were told that the Birthday cake fudge is a favorite of the littles that visit the farm but I personally loved the pumpkin fudge.
Bates Nut Farm General Store
After the tour, we then walked through the general store. There is something for everyone inside the general store. They sell all kinds of nuts, their homemade fudge, Christmas decor, fall decor, unique gifts, accessories, and so much more.
Photo Opportunities Throughout the Farm
Pumpkins, Squash, Gourds, All Shapes & Sizes
Events at Bates Nut Farm
There are so many different weekend activities.
- Face Painting
- Kids ‘n Paint
- Bounce & Slides
- Rock Climb
- Ice Cream, Snow Cones, Kettle Corn & Cookies
- Funnel Cakes
- What’s Cookin’ BBQ
- Food Trucks
- The VC Optimist Tacos & Quesadillas
Weekends at Bates also include live entertainment from 12:00 -3:00. See below for additional calendar details.
- The 2018 Pumpkin Patch – Saturday, September 22, 2018 to Wednesday, October 31, 2018
- Smartphone Photography Class – Sunday, October 7, 2018 to Monday, October 8, 2018
- Friday Nights on the Farm – Friday, October 12, 2018
- Weekend Entertainment – Bayou Brothers – Friday, October 12, 2018
- 27th Annual Scarecrow Contest – Saturday, October 13, 2018
- Weekend Entertainment – Crimson Crow – Saturday, October 13, 2018
- Weekend Entertainment – Nitro Express – Sunday, October 14, 2018
- Friday Nights on the Farm – Friday, October 19, 2018
- Weekend Entertainment – Blue Creek Band – Friday, October 19, 2018
- Annual Costume Contest & Parade – Saturday, October 20, 2018
- Weekend Entertainment – Calico Ridge – Saturday, October 20, 2018
- Howl-O-Ween Doggie Costume Contest & Parade – Sunday, October 21, 2018
- Weekend Entertainment – Steal Dawn – Sunday, October 21, 2018
- Weekend Entertainment – Crimson Crow – Friday, October 26, 2018
- Weekend Entertainment – Not 4 Hire – Saturday, October 27, 2018
- Weekend Entertainment – Heidi and the Hurricane, Sunday, October 28, 2018
- Christmas Arts, Crafts & Vintage Market – Saturday, November 10, 2018 to Sunday, November 11, 2018
- Valley Center Community Yard Sale – Sunday, November 11, 2018
- Santa’s Coming Arts, Crafts & Vintage Market – Friday, November 23, 2018 to Sunday, November 25, 2018
- Christmas in the Valley – Friday, December 7, 2018 – Saturday, December 8, 2018
- Christmas Voice Contest at Christmas in the Valley – Friday, December 7, 2018 to Saturday, December 8, 2018
For more information on the events listed above, please visit the Bates Nut Farm Events Page here.
More information on Bates Nut Farm
Bates Nut Farm
15954 Woods Valley Road
Valley Center, CA 92082
* $5 Cash Only Parking on October Weekends.
* Dogs on a leash are welcome at the farm.
Follow on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, Google+
Follow along on hashtag #batesnutfarm.
For more information, check out the website here.
Follow California Travel Girls
Disclosure: We were invited to visit Bates Nut Farm. We look forward to visiting again. All opinions are 100% our own.