Even though we are still in the heart of the summer, the fall season will be upon us before we know it. You will want to save a date in your calendar to visit Queen Mary’s Dark Harbor in Long Beach, California. Dark Harbor will run from September 28th through November 1, 2017. For 23 haunted evenings, guests will experience more monsters, more nights and more mazes than ever before.
Returning mazes Soulmate and B340. Mazes Circus, Intrepid, Deadrise, and Lullaby have been transformed to newly intensified, darker than imaginable, and evermore twisted. With 7 mazes and 13 bars, fire shows, aerialists, sliders, Michael Jackson’s Neverland Ranch’s Sinister Swings, monster DJs, Voodoo House Bar & Tasting Room, R.I.P. Lounge, and much more, Dark Harbor is a freakishly fun time.
What’s New This Year
- FEAST ~ for the first time in Dark Harbor history, FEAST will be the 4th maze on board the infamously haunted ship.This new maze tells the tale of Chef, a legendary spirit of the historic R.M.S. Queen Mary. As the tale goes, During WWII when the Queen Mary was in service as a troop transport ship, an enlisted military man serving in the ship’s kitchen quickly moved up the ranks to become a highly-decorated Chef.Unbeknownst to the soldiers traveling aboard, Chef had a dark side. Quietly he would sedate soldiers in the middle of the night to prepare them as ingredients for his latest dishes.Eventually caught, the Chef was thrown into one of his own ovens and cooked alive.Loyal to their leader Chef’s dutiful kitchen staff sacrificed their lives to become his evil henchmen, burning themselves in the same oven. The spirits of Chef and his evil crew went into hiding aboard the ship for many years. Now, these long-time stowaways have resurfaced to resume their deadly duties of collecting and preparing victims for Chef’s latest concoctions.
- ICE BAR EXPERIENCE – THE MEAT LOCKER ~ Venture into the frozen depths of Chef’s Meat Locker where he keeps his latest victims on ice. This one-of-a-kind ice bar experience will take you into a 7-degree environment for up to 20-minutes if you can stand the frigid cold! Choose from a curated selection of flavored vodkas to create your custom tasting flight, but keep one eye open for Chef to make sure you don’t end up in his next recipe. (Up to 30 Guests per Session)
- CHEF’S FEAST EXPERIENCE – Join the newest member of the Dark Harbor monster family as he takes you on a terrifying trip through the galley in the brand new maze.
- BIG TOP EXPERIENCE ~ More Info Coming Soon
- SECRET SIDEBAR ~ More Info Coming Soon
- BUTCHER’S BAR ~ More Info Coming Soon
In addition to everything new, The Captain, Iron Master, Graceful Gale, Half-Hatch Henry, Scary Mary, Voodoo Priestess, Ringmaster and the Dark Harbor Monsters will be returning along with their blood-curdling henchmen!
The Chilling Details
When: September 28, 2017 through November 1, 2017
Cost: Ticket prices start at just $24 online, with Fast Fright, VIP Passes and hotel packages also available. Season passes include a General Admission and Fast Fright Pass.
Ticket Options: In addition to the general admission tickets, there are also several different limited options to enhance the Dark Harbor experience such as Happy Haunting Hour, VIP Admission for guests 21 and over, Season Passes, Private Creepy Cabanas, Baller Buyouts (Private Parties), Tours To A-Maze!, Freaks A La Carte and Hotel Packages.
For more information on these ticket options, please Visit Queen Mary’s website here.
Be sure to arrive early and experience the mazes first before the lines get long later in the evening.
More information on Queen Mary’s Dark Harbor
The Queen Mary’s Dark Harbor
1126 Queens Highway
Long Beach, California 90802
Follow on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram
Follow along on hashtag #DarkHarbor2017.
For more information, check out the website here.
Follow California Travel Girls
Disclosure: We are so grateful to have been invited to attend opening night as a guest again this year. We are looking forward to it. All opinions are 100% our own.